Lawn & Garden
Rutgers Master Gardener Program
Under the leadership of Rutgers Cooperative Extension, Rutgers Master Gardeners of Morris County provide assistance with home gardening questions to residents of Morris County.
Master Gardener volunteers are trained to diagnose common plant and pest problems, suggest appropriate cultural practices and advise as to the best care for the home landscape and garden.
Master Gardener volunteers answer "non-commercial" community gardening questions through these services:
- Helpline - Residents phone in their questions by calling 973-285-8305
Helpline hours of operation are:
Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Friday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- E-mail - Internet users may email their questions and send images for identification.
- Mail - Send U.S. Mail to: Cooperative Extension of Morris County, Attn Master Gardener Program. P.O. Box 900, Morristown, NJ 07963-0900
Send packages (UPS, Fed Ex, etc.) to: RCE of Morris County, West Hanover Ave., Bldg 550, Morris Township, NJ 07960.
- Events - Master Gardeners reach out to the community at various events, county fairs and are available to speak to community groups.
- Walk-in - Bring plant, pest, and soil samples directly to the Morris County Offices at County Building 550 West Hanover Avenue, Morristown, NJ.