4-H Science Adventure Series
Registration due May 18!
Step into the shoes of a scientist at this fantastic hands-on science series. Young scientists will explore climate science in action around the world through indoor and outdoor activities. To learn more, click here!
For more information contact 973-285-8300, x3 or email Kathleen Onorevole at onorevole@broken. please replace "broken." with aesop.rutgers.edu.
This event will last three consecutives Thursdays starting on May 24, 2012. Meeting times are from 6:00-8:30pm.
Meetings will be held at the Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Morris County, Building 550, West Hanover Ave., Morristown.
Who can participate:
This program is open to the general public (including 4-H members) in grades 4-8. Young scientists should posses the following:
- Curiosity about environmental phenomena and their causes
- Enthusiasm for learning and exploring
- Appreciation for the environment
- Interest in using technology in innovative ways
- Open-minded attitude towards new people and activities
- Positive outlook and readiness to have fun with science!
How to register: Due May 18!
Space is limited! Please complete the online registration form. The youth permission form and $30 check must be mailed to P.O. Box 900, Morristown, NJ 07963. Please make check payable to Morris County 4-H.
"Senior Scientists" are needed to assist facilitators and youth. Teens may earn volunteer service hours for their work. Interested teens should contact Rachel Lyons at 973-285-8300 x3.
Sample Meeting Schedule:
- Introduction/Overview of day
- What do you know about…?
- Lesson #1
- Investigate using the Mobile Technology Labs (cameras, iPads, laptops)
- What did you discover? – Comparing results
- Lesson #2
- Fieldwork – Outdoor exploration/teambuilding activity
- Interactive science challenge
- What does it all mean? – Review what was learned